Yes, yes we know winter is almost over. Some might say not soon enough. Three weeks ago Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow and in his very special, super-scientific, indisputable way confirmed six more weeks of snowy, wintry weather. So yes, it will be over soon. But that still makes us want to give a nod to the Model 9800 by J. W. Speaker.
It is a universal, all-in-one headlight highly suitable for municipal trucks and contractors who clear snow and ice off of country roads, highways and residential areas. It is a low-profile, bolt-on unit that make it suitable for multiple commercial applications beyond snow plowing, such as agriculture, construction, mining, trucks, buses and other contractor work.
A Smart Heating System
The applications come in 12V and 24V configurations. The 12V version of the Model 9800 offers a smart heating system that senses ambient temperature and turns the integrated heating system in the lens on & off. This system only uses 15-18 watts of power, exceeds strict military standards for deicing, and actually clears ice & snow twice as fast as conventional halogen lamps.
Model 9800 Application List
|550061||12-24V DOT LED Non-Heated Headlight – 2 Light Kit|
|552243||12V DOT LED Heated Headlight – 2 Light Kit|
|551803||24V DOT LED Heated Headlight – 2 Light Kit|
|550161||12-24V ECE LED RHT Non-Heated Headlight – 2 Light Kit|
|552423||12V ECE LED RHT Heated Headlight – 2 Light Kit|
|551833||24V ECE LED RHT Heated Headlight – 2 Light Kit|
- Safety feature: Built-in turn signals and front position lights
- Durable and tough: Tough polycarbonate lens and housing protect in harsh environmental conditions
- Multi-fucntion: Low profile shape and pedestal mount brackets provide flexibility for placement on a wide range of vehicles
- Smart heating solution
- One-size-fits-all and easy installation
- Bright, white LEDs simulates daytime lighting for maximum visibility